Privacy & Security
Lost/Stolen/Fraud Phone Numbers for Credit Card:
- During regular business hours, call: CCU at: 800-258-0023
- After regular business hours, call: 800-325-3678
- To dispute a charge or charges on your Credit Card, call: 1-800-600-5249
- To contact the fraud department to verify transactions, call: 855-961-1602
Lost/Stolen/Fraud Phone Numbers for Debit Card:
- Report a card lost or stolen or for questions about the card account: 844-269-3473
- Initiating a dispute for fraud or non-fraud transactions: 844-269-3488
Keeping Your Identity Safe
- Do not provide account numbers or other personal information in response to emails, text messages or automated phone calls. These are most often fraudulent requests attempting to trick you into providing account information. Identity thieves are clever, and before you know it you've given out card numbers, account numbers and passwords! A good rule to follow is to never provide sensitive information unless you initiate the contact.
- Place passwords on your accounts and credit cards. Avoid using easily available information like your mother's maiden name, birthdates, or the last four digits of your phone or social security number.
- Treat your mail and trash carefully. Shred anything containing personal financial information.
- Review credit card and account statements as soon as you receive them to check for unauthorized charges. If your statement is late by more than a couple of days, call your credit card company or financial institution to confirm your billing address and account balances.
- Give out your social security number only when necessary - ask to use other types of identification instead.
- Never share personal or confidential information via e-mail.
- Disable the feature on your computer that allows passwords to be saved.
Peer-to-Peer Mobile App Scam
Peer-to-Peer (P2P) mobile payment services, such as Venmo, Zelle and Cash App have seen an increase in fraudulent activity. Frequent scams involving P2P mobile apps make users believe they have won a prize or cash, but to claim the prize the user needs to send money to them to verify their account information. Only send money to people you know (friends and family) and never send someone money in an attempt to receive a prize or cash.